Flooding Safety tips
During a Flood Watch or Warning
- You would need to Gather all or as much emergency supplies you can get.
- Stay updated by listening to your local radio or television station for updates.
- Always have immunization records on hand or know the year of your last tetanus shot.
- Storing immunization records in a waterproof container are helpful.
- Prepare an emergency water and food supply. Store at least 1 gallon of water per day for each person and each pet. Store at least a 3-day supply.
- Incase water level are high enough to reach electrical circuits Turn off all utilities at the main power switch and also close the main gas valve because gas leaks are common.
- Leave areas subject to flooding: low spots, canyons, washes, etc. Avoid driving through flooded areas and standing water.