Recent Storm Damage Posts
Storm Water Damage Clean up and Restoration and Rebuild
Keep away from moving water.
Just six inches of moving water can knock you off your feet, and a couple of feet can carry away most vehicles. Avoid moving water at all costs.
If you must travel, use extreme caution.
Only travel through flood damaged areas when absolutely necessary. If you must travel, wait till water has stopped moving.
Cleaning up and repairing:
Contact SERVPRO for restoration services for water damaged items.
Once floodwaters have receded, carefully clean and disinfect each wet item to protect your home and family from sewage or chemical contaminants. Be certain to wear protective clothing, including rubber gloves and boots, during cleanup activities.
Here at SERVPRO of Richmond Hill we provide the certified services to get you back to were you once were after a flood hits.
Immediately After a Flash Flood
Be prepared for Flood
Immediately following a flash flood:
Stay tuned in.
During flash flood recovery, it is essential to listen to local radio, TV, or your weather radio for necessary information.
Turn off electrical if you see sparks, broken/frayed wires, or smell smoke/burning insulation
Don’t drink the water.
Do not drink tap or well water until it is has been declared safe for consumption and free of human waste contamination, fuels, and other pollutants. Don’t use it to brush teeth, prepare food, wash dishes, make ice, or even wash your hands with it.
Boil for one minute, then cool, storing in clean, covered containers. This will destroy most types of disease-causing microorganisms.
Bleach will kill some – but not all - types of bacteria.
Keep a close eye on children of all ages as well as pets.
Avoid flood-ravaged areas.
Barricades have been erected for your protection. Additional flooding may occur, roads may have been damaged, and an array of hazards – both visible and invisible – may be present.
Tips for Preparing for Winter Weather and condition
Water damage in the attic due to snow melt at commercial units in Brampton
Tips for Preparing for Winter Weather
- During cold spells keep cabinet doors open. Allowing warm air to circulate around pipes
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets, run through unheated or non-insulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to "off".
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puff backs.
Call SERVPRO of Richmond Hill for your clean up and Restoration at 416-912-1038 or 905-717-9279
Storm and Flood Damage Clean up and Restoration
Storm and flood damage Clean up and Restoration
Storm and flood damage
require specialized restoration techniques and equipment. When a storm hits your home, you need the company with storm damage experience and expertise. SERVPRO of Richmond Hill can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
SERVPRO of Richmond Hill specializes in Storm and flood restoration Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Richmond Hill, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network Franchises across North America and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the Country.
Call SERVPRO of Richmond Hill for your water damage clean up and restoration 416-912-1038 or 905-717-9279
Call us After storm damage for Clean up and Restoraton
Water damage in the condominium hallway in Toronto
SERVPRO of Richmond Hill specializes in storm and flood damage clean up and restoration.
Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition. Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration costs.
What to Expect
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
• Your name and contact information
• Your insurance information (if applicable)
• The street address of the water-damaged home or business
• When did the flooding or water damage occur?
• What caused the water damage (if known)?
• Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today: (416)912 - 1038 or (905)717-9279
Flooding Safety Tips for the residentials and Commercials
Before and After Water Damage in the flooded house
During a Flood Watch or Warning
- You would need to Gather all or as much emergency supplies you can get.
- Stay updated by listening to your local radio or television station for updates.
- Always have immunization records on hand or know the year of your last tetanus shot.
- Storing immunization records in a waterproof container are helpful.
- Prepare an emergency water and food supply. Store at least 1 gallon of water per day for each person and each pet. Store at least a 3-day supply.
- Incase water level are high enough to reach electrical circuits Turn off all utilities at the main power switch and also close the main gas valve because gas leaks are common.
- Leave areas subject to flooding: low spots, canyons, washes, etc. Avoid driving through flooded areas and standing water.
- Call SERVPRO of Richmond Hill at 416-912-1038 or 905-717-9279 for your water and flood clean up and restoration